By Chris Barker
This publication is meant if you have to get issues performed with Mac OS X Server 10.6. As such, you should use this e-book methods. these new to Mac OS X Server can learn immediately in the course of the complete booklet, and by means of the tip should still think efficient to manage any Mac server thrown their method. For people with a few wisdom of Mac OS X Server, or even a thorough wisdom of different Unix-based servers, the booklet is prepared by way of initiatives for you to both commence analyzing at any element, skipping fabric , or choose and select the chapters you’ll locate so much necessary in your personal paintings or procedure wishes. This task-oriented method additionally makes the ebook invaluable as a basic reference for all points of Mac OS X Server.
Throughout the booklet, precise emphasis is given to the hot gains of the newest unencumber, Mac OS X Server 10.6, a.k.a. Server Snow Leopard. for example, you’ll how you can combine an iPhone with Mac OS X Server utilizing the hot cellular entry gains, or how you can set up an SSL certificates within the net provider, Apache.
- Task-oriented method of server management makes it effortless to discover and achieve what must get performed
- Thorough topic assurance together with workflows for Mac OS X Snow Leopard Server GUI-level positive aspects, command-line gains, and possible choices
- Features introductory fabric for brand spanking new directors, emphasis on new positive aspects for upgrading to Snow Leopard Server, and extra complicated fabric for knowledgeable IT and company directors who are looking to get the main out of Mac OS X Snow Leopard Server
What you’ll learn
- The key good points of Mac OS X Server, together with new providers comparable to cellular entry for iPhone integration and deal with e-book Server
- The best method of fit your operating variety, together with GUI and command-line possible choices
- When to name on third-party items the place no Apple items can be found
- Integration innovations for a number of community and server configurations
- How to allow each one required carrier and all in their companies from begin to end
Who this ebook is for
This ebook is for directors attracted to a whole direction on Mac OS X Server 10.6 Snow Leopard, together with first-time Mac OS X Server admins, admins upgrading from older models, and skilled Unix or Mac admins who are looking to grasp all features of Apple’s server software program.
Table of Contents
- Welcome to OS X Server
- Setting Up a Server in half-hour or much less
- Getting Deeper into dossier Sharing
- Managing listing prone
- Controlling community site visitors
- Centralizing community prone
- Configuring community companies for safety
- Managing buyer pcs with NetBoot, NetInstall, and NetRestore
- Configuring deal with ebook Server
- Working with iCal Server
- iChat Server
- Setting Up Mail providers
- Setting Up companies for cellular units
- Web Servers
- Managing MySQL utilizing Podcast manufacturer
- Streaming QuickTime Video
- Sharing records
- Setting Up Printing prone
- Backing Up Your info
- Configuring software program replace Server
Read or Download Beginning Mac OS X Snow Leopard Server: From Solo Install to Enterprise Integration PDF
Similar Client Server Systems books
Scorching publication on a scorching technology--Cisco's new new release of routers is designed to deal with IP Multicasting, the most important to video conferencing and groupware. step by step assistance on the best way to set up and troubleshoot multicasting in a Cisco Router setting. whole insurance of present and destiny intranet multicast routing protocols, interoperability framework, web team administration protocol, and extra.
This article presents entire assurance of all examination targets for examination 220. It involves an built-in learn process in accordance with confirmed tutorial method, it comprises exact pedagogical parts comparable to step by step routines, examination Watch and at the activity notes, and quickly reference situation and answer tables.
Realize the quickest technique to migrate to home windows Server 2003 and start to learn from its enterprise-ready positive factors. methods to use the parallel community - a migration strategy that offers consistent rollback and restricted effect in your present community. construct your new community from the floor up. start via designing your online business community structure after which stream directly to characteristic through function implementations.
Compliment for The HP digital Server atmosphere "This publication will train pros in regards to the parts of a digital server atmosphere and the way to regulate them in daily initiatives. It demonstrates tips to deal with source usage in actual time and to its complete skill. Bryan and Dan are absolutely certified to jot down this e-book, having been keen on growing and designing many of the digital server setting parts.
Additional info for Beginning Mac OS X Snow Leopard Server: From Solo Install to Enterprise Integration